Pupils receive expert help to gain the reading and writing skills they need to do well in all subjects. As a result, pupils make good progress
There is much joy in this school. Pupils value their teachers, and the rich and diverse community in which they learn
Teachers take account of individual pupils’ needs in their good lesson planning. They make sure that pupils, even those who arrive at unusual points in the school year, are quickly assimilated and make good progress
Teaching is strong in the sixth form. Teachers are extremely knowledgeable and passionate about their subjects. They show great commitment. Students are fulsome in their praise of the impact their teachers have had on their future education
Lessons are characterised by strong and positive relationships between pupils and teachers. Teachers know pupils well. Often teachers target the learning that individual pupils need because they know them so well
In key stages 1 and 2 teachers plan many opportunities for pupils to deepen their knowledge, understanding and skills.
Post 16 opportunities are available within Colleges, Sixth Forms, Training Providers and Apprenticeship Schemes.
Please use the following pages to research opportunities that are on offer to you.
Who can help you?…
- Miss C Pavitt – Careers Delivery and HR Business – Miss Pavitt is available in the careers office to provide advice and guidance on careers.
- Mrs L Roberts – Mrs Roberts is available in the main administration office to give support and advice to students to arrange Work Experience placements.
- Mr M Wesley – Mr Wesley can provide information and advice about 6th form opportunities.
- Mr M Denison – Assistant Headteacher, Key Stages 4 and 5.
- Mrs D Lowe – Library Manager – Mrs Lowe is able to give you advice and information on careers resources.
These websites offer informative and inspiring opportunities to develop and transform how you as students think about technical options and opportunities.