The Bemrose School believes that every pupil has the right to lead a safe and healthy life be it in school or in the local community. School therefore works with pupils, their families and outside agencies to prepare students with the skills they need to remain safe and healthy. We safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils and staff. We work together with other agencies to ensure adequate arrangements within our school to identify access and support those pupils who may be suffering from harm.
We recognise that all adults, including volunteers and governors, have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm and that the child’s welfare is paramount concern. All staff members believe that our school should provide a caring, positive and safe environment that promotes the social, moral and physical development of the individual child.
What to do if you have safeguarding concerns
If you have concerns about the welfare of a child please contact a member of the safeguarding team by phone 01332 366711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Safeguarding Team
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Rebecca Broderick (ext 276) email@example.com
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Louise Attew (ext 273) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care and Guidance Family Support – Karen Lamb (ext 242) email@example.com
- Looked After Child Designated Safeguarding Lead – Martin Rowe (ext 238) firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of Hours Safeguarding Advice.
Safeguarding concerns can be registers at any time via email@example.com
Alternatively there are a range of services you can contact such as:
- The Police 101 (if its an emergency, always ring 999)
- Derby Social Care 01332 641172
- NSPCC: National Helpline 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 11 11
- Prevent Derby – 01332 643455
- National On-Line Safety nationalonlinesafety.com, here you will find resources and information relating to On Line Safety
- NHS Direct 111
- Crimestoppers UK: 0800 555 111
- Kooth – Online counselling for young people – Free, safe and anonymous online support.
Stopping Domestic Abuse Together initiative
The Bemrose School supports ‘Stopping Domestic Abuse Together’ initiative. This means we receive direct communication from the police where any young person that attends The Bemrose School is affected. This allows us to support the young person.