GCSE/GCE certificates are now ready for collection from school reception, please collect between 09:00 and 15:00.
If you are unable to collect your certificates in person you can nominate a person to collect on your behalf by emailing their details to email@example.com.
I (name) nominate (name of person to collect) to collect my GCSE certificates on my behalf. (Name of person to collect) will bring photo ID with them when they come to collect the certificates.
We look forward to seeing you soon
As you may be aware, your child will soon begin the ‘Options Process.’ This is when they will choose 3 subjects, that they will study alongside the ‘Core Subjects’ of English Language & English Literature, maths, science, RE, PE and PSHE, through year 10 and 11, to GCSE.
We aim to support pupils as much as possible; providing all the information both you and they need to make the right choices. With that in mind, below is an outline of the timeline of events in the ‘Options Process.’ Please keep this letter for reference, so that you are aware of key dates in this process.
- Monday 23rd October: Launch of options process: Year 9 pupils will have an ‘Options Assembly,’ where we will outline the process and provide pupils with an information booklet. They will be able to bring this home – please look at this with your child as it contains information on all the subjects we offer.
- Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th October: Learning Directors will use assembly time to share information about their subjects, with year 9 pupils.
- Monday 6th November: Options evening, 4-6pm. This event is for year 9 parents/carers to come along to with your child, to find out more about subjects and ask staff any questions you may have.
- Week beginning Monday 6th November: During form time, year 9 pupils will receive more information about subjects that we offer.
- Monday 13th November: Year 9 pupils will select 5 subjects that they wish to go to, on their ‘Options Taster Day.’
- Wednesday 6th December: Options Taster Day – this is the chance for year 9 pupils to experience 5 different subjects, to help them to make their final choices.
- Thursday 7th/Friday 8th December: Year 9 pupils experience a ‘Mock interview,’ with either staff from school or local businesses. This is an opportunity for pupils to answer questions about the subjects they like/are good at, with the aim of helping pupils to make choices, linked to their career aspirations.
- Week beginning Monday 15th January 2024: Year 9 pupils make their Option choices, during form time.
I look forward to welcoming you to school at the Options evening on Monday 6th November. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email: Twhite1@bemrose.derby.sch.uk or by phoning the school reception on 01332 366711.
Mrs Tracey White
Assistant Headteacher, KS3.