Save the Date
Our Year 6 Open Evening will be held on Monday 26th September 2022, from 4-6 pm.
Editor: Robert Wilson
This new book, professionally published in December 2021, concentrates largely (but not exclusively, eg there is an update on the school’s recent large scale upgrading/expansion programme) on the period 1925 to 1975. Between those years, Bemrose School was planned, built and run as a selective grammar school for boys. The book includes much new material about those years, with supporting photos/illustrations/cartoons. With the aid of engrossing personal accounts, the book covers many aspects, personalities, incidents, issues from all eras. Widely acclaimed, almost half of the production run (500) has already been sold.
Some key features
- Hard backed, with protective dust jacket; professionally designed; high grade paper, printed in colour
- 736 pages, over 800 photos, more than 330,000 words, 43 chapters – 35 of them new. The other eight chapters (originating in earlier books, published 2009 and 2014) are in revised, redesigned form.
- Contributions from former teachers plus a famed former secretary (1950s), but mainly from ex-pupils
- Includes photos using frames from the 16mm film made to mark the school’s Silver Jubilee in 1955
- Described by a national library as “fabulous”, and by readers as “compelling” and “excellent value”.
- The book weighs 2.2 kg, and measures 24.5 cm x 18 cm x 5 cm: a sizeable tome!
Price £ 29.95.
How to obtain your copy
If you live in the Derby area, you can call in at the local distributor: W W Winter Ltd, photographers, 45 Midland Road, Derby. DE1 2SP. Payment there is by card only. No cash or cheques. Take your purchases away with you, as W W Winter are not offering a delivery service. You can check Winter’s current opening hours either via their website www.winter.co.uk or by phoning 01332 345224.
Alternatively, you can phone Bemrose School (01332 366711), arrange to collect a copy of the book from there, and pay by card, cash or cheque.
If you wish to have your copy delivered, email your order to email@example.com or write to R D Wilson, 98 Cornhill Road, Aberdeen, AB25 2EH, or phone him (01224 485432). Please supply your desired delivery address and your phone number. Pre-payment is not required, and is due only after you have received your book, and have confirmed its arrival. Parcels are well packed, using commercially produced specialised packaging. With you having received your parcel, Robert Wilson will supply you with an invoice, and details of ways of paying. Currently (September 2022) the delivery charge for addresses within the UK is £8.05, using Royal Mail. Prices for sending overseas are available on request.
With the summer break only weeks away, the Families Information Service would like to highlight the financial support parents can receive when paying for childcare and holiday activities. There is a government offer called Tax Free Childcare whereby parents can save up to 20% on childcare and holiday club fees.
The Families Information Service can also help parents directly to find childcare and holiday activities.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Families Information Service for further information.
Please click here to take a look at the latest edition of The Bemrose School Newsletter.